We want to conserve the rich diversity of cultivated plants grown in the UK and Ireland.
Our mission is to promote the conservation of cultivated plants through:
- Our National Plant Collection® holders collect and conserve the widest possible range of plants in private gardens, allotments, nurseries, local parks, botanic gardens and historic estates.
- Identifying and conserving those that are at risk through our Threatened Plants Project
- Sharing our expertise by working with gardeners, nurseries, plant breeders, owners of botanical, private and heritage gardens’
- Nationwide education and publicity programmes
- 'Grass roots' activity through a network of 35 regional groups.
However, all this costs money. We are a self funding charitable organisation doing all we can with our limited resources; we raise funds from sponsors and from the activities we organize nationally and through our enthusiastic local Groups and their members.
But we need your help
to ensure that this important conservation work can continue.