What is Demeter?
Demeter is free PC based software developed by Plant Heritage for Collection Holders to record information about their plants in a consistent and accessible way.
Demeter gives Collection Holders a permanent record of their work that can be exported. It is very comprehensive to cover the wide variety of plant types held by Collection Holders.
What information can be held in Demeter?
• Plants names in correct taxonomic format including synonyms and common names
• Garden locations and planting history
• Sources of plants including wild collection data
• Images, documents and descriptions
• Herbarium records
• Attributes, measurements and observations
• Propagation and Stock
How do I get a copy?
Download this fact sheet
for more information and contact David Goodchild firstname.lastname@example.org
01661 823145 to get your free copy of Demeter.