National Plant Collection(s)® is a Registered Trade Mark of Plant Heritage
Are you interested in a particular genus or group of plants? Would you like to contribute to preserving the diversity of garden plants in the UK for future generations?
You too could become a National Collection Holder
1) Fill in a simple Proposal form
and send it back to Plant Heritage
. At this stage you do not need to have a large collection of plants. Do have a look at our detailed Information sheet
2) Get in touch with your local coordinator
who will be able to help you through the process, or with our friendly Conservation team
3) The Proposal is passed on to our Plant Conservation Committee who will provide advice, direction and contacts.
4) Once the collection is ready you will be able to fill an Application form
, which gives a full picture of the collection: types of labels and records, local climate, facilities, contacts with other growers, research undertaken, etc.
5) Your local coordinator will visit and review your collection so that it can be presented a second time to the Plant Conservation Committee, who will decide to award you National Collection status